Below is a list of questions that our customers commonly ask. To view the answer, click on the question. If your question isn’t here, please feel free to contact us.
- What is royalty-free music?
- How can I use your music? What’s covered?
- Are there restrictions on using the music?
- Can I download free demos to try in my productions before buying?
- Will I get a music license document once I purchase a track?
- What formats are the master audio files delivered in?
- How soon do I receive the music?
- How do I purchase from your website?
- Where is the download link?
- Can I upgrade from one license to another?
- Do I have to credit the composer in my projects if I use your music?
- I used your music in my video and got a copyright claim on YouTube. Why?
- What is a cue sheet?
- Where can I find the information to make a cue sheet?
- Is it safe to make a purchase on your website?
1. What is royalty-free music?
Royalty-free music is a modern term representing a simple music licensing model. In general, royalty-free means that after paying an initial, one-time fee, you get the right to use the music as many times as you wish, in as many of your productions as you need, for as long as you want, in almost any type of audio/visual production. You DON'T have to pay any further royalties, and there is NO periodical, per-use or per-project fee.
There are a number of royalty-free licenses. Some of them may include more rights and cover more use-cases than others. However, all of them usually follow the basic principles described above (a one-time fee, the ability to use the track as much as you like).
For more information, please read our article What is Royalty-Free Music?
2. How can I use your music? What’s covered?
You can use our music in almost any type of audio/visual production, including video/film productions, websites, multimedia, commercials and other advertising, television, radio, broadcasting, podcasts, trade shows/presentations, flash animations, slide shows, games, software, theatrical releases, telephone on-hold messages, audio books and many other commercial and non-commercial productions.
We offer a few simple music licenses that cover all of the uses described above and which differ in scope, say by the number of copies that can be distributed, the broadcast level (national or worldwide), etc.
3. Are there restrictions on using the music?
Though our licenses cover a lot of use cases, there are some restrictions:
You may not:
- Sell, trade in, give away or distribute the music itself.
- Use/include the tracks in music compilations, like music compilation CDs/DVDs, where the tracks are stand-alone elements.
- Create/produce new musical works (musical compositions, songs) based on our music. For example, if you are a signer, you may not sing over the music and sell or distribute the song.
For more information, please read our license terms and conditions.
4. Can I download free demos to try in my productions before buying?
Yes. We understand that to create something, you need to see and understand whether all the elements fit into your creative vision. You can download absolutely FREE demos of every single track on our website.
The free demos are lower quality versions of the audio files you get after purchasing. You can try the demos in your project and, if the tracks are what you’re looking for, you can just update them with the full-quality audio files.
You can download a demo by clicking the icon that is located to the right of the track title/name. Please note: These demos are for demo/evaluation purposes only (to try it, to show your clients, etc.) and cannot be used in any real productions.
5. Will I get a music license document once I purchase a track?
Absolutely. We know how important it is to be safe when you’re using copyrighted material. Third-parties releasing or distributing your productions may want to verify that you have a valid music license and that you have been authorized to use the music.
So, you get a real, official, license document (a PDF certificate) that confirms your right to use the track in accordance with the license. Each license is available for download in your account at the "Download Center".
6. What formats are the master audio files delivered in?
All audio files are provided in WAV (44,000 Hz, 16-bit, Stereo) and MP3 (44,000 Hz, 256 kbps, Stereo) formats.
7. How soon do I receive the music?
Immediately after payment.
8. How do I purchase from your website?
- Add the track(s) you want to your shopping cart by clicking the «Add to Cart» button or by clicking the icon
- In your shopping cart, select the license(s) you need.
- 3. Click the «Proceed to Checkout» button and follow the checkout process.
After your payment has been processed (usually within seconds), you’ll see a confirmation page containing your order details and download links. The download links will expire after 5 days. In addition, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your order details and download links.
9. Where is the download link?
You can access your download links in several ways:
- Immediately after payment. As soon as your payment has been processed, you’ll be redirected to a download page so that you can start downloading your tracks immediately.
- In your purchase confirmation email. As soon as your payment has been processed, you’ll also receive a confirmation email with your order details and download links. The download links will expire after 5 days. If you do not receive the confirmation email within a few minutes, please check your Spam or Junk mail folders, as it may have landed there.
- In your account at any time. Download links will also be available in your account so that you can download purchased files at any time at the "Download Center".
10. Can I upgrade from one license to another?
Sure. It's easy:
- Add the track(s) you want to upgrade licensing for to your shopping cart again.
- Select the upgrade option from the drop-down list at the right of the music title (e.g. "Standard » Extended").
- Then follow the checkout process as usual.
You only pay the difference in price between the licenses, and you'll be issued a new license document immediately after payment. The license will be available for download at the "Download Center".
11. Do I have to credit the composer in my projects if I use your music?
You are not required to include composer credits in your projects, although it is good practice to do so. If you decide to credit the composer, you may find appropriate credit information in your license document. You can download the license document in your account at the "Download Center". When crediting, you should generally use the composer's name.
12. I got a copyright claim on my YouTube video. Why? How to dispute it?
This is a very common case. You are not doing anything wrong and using our music is 100% legal. Videos may still get copyright claims, and you may receive copyright notices even if you have purchased a music license or gotten permission directly from author. Why?
Unfortunately, YouTube Content ID system (the system that scans uploaded videos against a database of audio and video content) cannot automatically detect, or otherwise learn, whether you have a license (the rights to use the music) or not. The system likewise cannot learn by itself what kind of rights you may have been granted. There is also no direct way for a music licensing company to automatically exchange information with the Content ID system. So claimants cannot automatically be notified as to the fact that you have a valid license.
So all you need to do is to file a Dispute on the claim. When disputing, please add as much information as possible to the dispute note (i.e., our website name, your license number, song title(s), the link to your PDF license).
Please read our article describing why that happens and How to Solve Copyright Issues on YouTube
Please also follow the official YouTube instructions on how to Dispute a Content ID claim.
13. What is a cue sheet?
You'll need a cue sheet only if the music is to be used in TV/radio productions or major film releases. Please see more here: https://www.neosounds.com/articles/cuesheets
14. Where can I find the information to make a cue sheet?
You may find the information for your cue sheets in your license document (certificate). You can download the license document in your account at the "Download Center".
15. Is it safe to make a purchase on your website?
Absolutely. Our servers employ 2048-bit SSL certificates, meaning all of your information is securely handled.